November 23, 2011

New friends!!

I posted on Facebook today looking for anyone who might interested in helping and I actually got three people who are. I went over a few ground rules with them and offered to send out my GDD. If you don't know what that is its a Game Design Document. It's basically a list of ingredients for your game and you share it with all your staff so we all can stay on track and know what is expected and how things will work together etc etc. If you are designing your own MMO, or any game for that matter, I highly suggest you get a GDD template and fill it out. It's a lot of extra work, yes, but it will help you out in the long run.

Mine is about half way done. I just started writing it today haha. I will be finished writing tomorrow and then I will be able to share it with my, possibly new, team members. It's a little nerve racking sharing your ideas with other people. I am not worried about their opinion. I am mostly worried about people stealing my ideas.

So all four of them, two guys two girls, seem to be more focused around the story/quest writing part, which is good. My sister would be my fifth team member. She is strictly a pixel artist and a damn good one. This is going to leave me with most of the work, which is fine. I really hope I can get a web designer into the group soon as well. I just don't have time to learn PHP.

No comments: