November 24, 2011

Landscapes

Yesterday I realized we are going to need mountains in this game and I have no idea how to make them. As usual I did a google search but came up with nothing. I don't even know where to begin with drawing a mountain. I guess at the bottom? Lol

So the sake of time I am going to go with the traditional rock face on a 90' angel. This is a short-cut I really did not want to take. My whole design idea is based around beautiful scenery and pushing the boundaries of a 32x32 tile. So this is a little bit of a let down but I need to be flexible. On the positive side I can always update the graphics later on in an expansion. Nothing is ever set in stone when it comes to online gaming. Write that down kids.

Tomorrow, or I guess it's today now, I will be free for about eight hours. During this time I hope to get the foundation for Human Starting Island completed. In between that and my mountain research I will be working on my ad campaign. I won't be doing direct advertising because I really don't have a product yet, but I will be doing demographic research and looking for any joint advertising leads. I believe working with other small time game makers, like my self, will be the most beneficial to both parties.

One last thing I wanted to mention tonight was the name Eternal Light. This was never fully researched by my self and I have recently come across other games with the same name. Now I don't believe those two words are copyrighted but this has made me reconsider alternative names. I have a few written down just in case. In fact I actually like this other name better. For now though, I will keep Eternal Light and do some research. There has to be some way I can figure out the copyrights on those two words being used together.

No comments: