November 17, 2011

Issue number 485683-2

I should really start using issue numbers for my blog titles. And by issue I mean total road block.

If there's one thing I learned in school it was planning ahead. Honestly without this skill you really won't succeed in making an MMO. You probably won't succeed in any form of entertainment. Unless it's situational humor. Lol.

So back to the issues at hand. While I was making my first shop I realized that players will be able to block NPCs. Especially NPCs that are behind counters or tables. I did find one fix for this on the forums for the engine. I am able to place an attribute tile that will allow multiple players to walk on that same tile. This really helps the blocking issues and solves the other issue of people blocking door ways or cave entrances.

The other issue is being able to actually interact with NPCs behind these tables. Basically more than one cell away. I asked on the forums if there was a way around this issue and I am still awaiting a reply. If there isnt a way around this I may have to get a little creative. For now I don't plan to share the technique I will use. That would just give my competition a head start :)

No comments: