November 07, 2011

Donations are up!

Donations... Pfft, probably the easiest and most useless thing to setup right now. I have zero followers and no product to release, haha. Guess I am falling into that typical game maker stereotype who thinks he can live off donations :(

Aside from the fancy donation button I did add a few more sub forums and rearranged a few things. The forums actually look pretty good now. Eternallight.niceboard.com if you wanna come check it out. While I was working on the forum I came up with a few more ideas to promote community interaction.

Eternal Light will have monthly contests to reward players for their participation. Most, if not all, contests will be based outside the game. Examples would be promoting on Facebook or submitting gameplay videos, etc. Rewards would obviously be in game content. Most likely Cash Shop items or similar.

I was reading some creative writing books today when I came across one title that caught my eye. "How to write an RPG world". Short book but a lot of good information. It's really helped ms push the story along as well as make a decision on waiter or not the story will be character driven. I really want character driven story lines but for now, due to engine limitations, I am stuck in the middle. I will allow players to act out as much story as possible while filling in all the holes with NPC interaction or just a CGI and skip over that time period. This could be done when expansions are released.

No comments: