November 14, 2011

Human starting island

The Human Starting Island. Pretty fancy hey? I might switch it to the Human Starting Isle. Now that has character!

I decided a clean white sheet of drawing paper was going to be my island. I placed a starting town right in the middle and marked the spot where the users character would be washed ashore. It goes with the main story line.

After that I just planned for 5 or 7 levels of training. I threw in a Mage tower, a small farm, and a cave. Typical areas you should see in any starting zone. I am going to guide new players with a quest line around the island. This will give them the experience needed to enter the main game world. For returning players, they will have the ability to skip the training quests and proceed directly to the main world.

No comments: